[COP23] Low Carbon Transport: G20 on Track?
November 8th, 14:30-16:00
GIZ kicks off its transport-focused events at COP23 in collaboration with the German Think Tank, Agora Verkehrsende, and the question: What is the level of ambition regarding mitigation of G20 countries in the transport sector?
The following speakers will present at the event: Jochen Flasbarth (State Secretary of the Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation, Building and Nuclear Safety), Christian Hochfeld (Executive Director of Agora Verkehrwende) and representatives from emerging economies and civil society. Continue reading
[COP23] From Ambition to Action – Decarbonising Transport in Germany and Abroad
November 10th, 9:00-16:00
GIZ is organising the one-day event, From Ambition to Action: Decarbonising Transport, to engage with the international community over the question of how to develop zero-emission transport systems to achieve the objectives of the Paris Agreement.
The event will bring together German and international stakeholders in the context of sustainable transport to engage on pathways for decarbonising the transport sector. It will discuss feasible pathways for emerging economies and developing countries and Germany’s ambitions in decarbonising transport. Aiming at mutual learning, it will elaborate with international stakeholders how to implement more ambitious climate actions in the transport sector, including climate-resilient transport infrastructure. Last but not least, the event will debate with international donors how to unlock more investments into climate-friendly transport solutions.
Confirmed speakers so far:
- Norbert Salomon, Deputy Director General, Emission Control, Safety of Installations and Transport, German Federal Ministry for the Environment (BMU)
- Umiyatun Hayati Triastuti, Director General, Research and Development Agency, Ministry of Transportation, Indonesia
- Jiwoo Choi, Deputy Director of the Private Sector Facility, Green Climate Fund (GCF)
- Franz Drees-Gross, Director, Transport and ICT, Global Practice, World Bank
- Christian Hochfeld, Director, Agora Verkehrswende
- Björn Hannappel, Head of Responsibility, Strategy and Standards, Deutsche Post DHL Group
- Vera Scholz, Director of Climate Change, Environment and Infrastructure Division, GIZ
- Dr. Harry Lehmann, Head of Division for Environmental Planning and Sustainability Strategies, German Environment Agency (UBA)
- Andre Higham, Chief Executive, Mission2020
- Daniel Bongardt, Project Director, Advancing Transport Climate Strategies, GIZ
- Mark Major, Partnership on Sustainable Low Carbon Transport
- Representatives of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation Development (BMZ)
A networking lunch complements the event and provides a platform to exchange with transport initiatives of non-state actors (facilitated the Partnership for Sustainable Low Carbon Transport (SLoCaT))
[COP23] Franco-German Roundtable: Sustainable Urban Development
November 14th, 10:30-13:00
Join a roundtable discussion linkig global and local agendas in sustainable urban development. The speakers will discuss experiences and expertise that encompass urban development from all angles. Roundtable participants include representatives from French and German Ministries, Global Alliance for Buildings and Construction (GABC), MobiliseYourCity (MYC) and Cities Climate Financing Leadership Alliance (CCFLA). Continue reading
[COP23] Taking climate action to the streets – transforming urban mobility
November 14th, 14:30-16:00
We would like to invite you to join us on 14 November at the German Pavilion of COP23 for discussing the linkages of local governments, NDC implementation and the SDGs within the urban transport sector.
The first part of the event will focus on the challenges and potentials of taking action on urban mobility on local, national and global levels. The second part of the event will present three initiatives, which are geared to bring action to the ground. It will focus on specific action strategies – utilising examples from MobiliseYourCity (MYC), the Transformative Urban Mobility Initiative (TUMI) and Reverse Innovation: The vision for tomorrow’s cities.