2nd Meeting of the International Expert Group on Promoting Climate Finance for Sustainable Transport (Lima, 6th Dec 2014)
The second meeting of the International Expert Group on Promoting Climate Finance for Sustainable Transport aimed at reviewing activities carried out under the auspices of the Expert Group since the inaugural meeting in Manila, Philippines in September 2014 (see here for more information) and discussing next steps for the Expert Group in 2015.
- Report on 2nd Expert Group Meeting on “Climate Finance for Sustainable Transport”
- Presentation on Introduction to the Expert Group by André Eckermann (GIZ)
- Presentation on Background study on “Shaping The Role of Climate Finance For Sustainable Transport – What Are The Levers And How to Make Them Work” by Dr. Adnan Rahman (Cambridge Systematics)
- Presentation on Summary of the Policy Brief on Climate Finance as the engine for more sustainable by Cornie Huizenga (Slocat)
- Agenda of the event
The TRANSfer project intends to target both, the transport finance as well as the climate finance world and develop and distribute recommendations on transport and climate finance based on the following:
- Better understanding the characteristics of transport finance of both sustainable and unsustainable forms of transport in order to derive recommendations how climate finance can be used most effectively;
- Identifying the entry points for climate finance that may trigger a shift of unsustainable transport investments to sustainable transport and thus helping to upscale mitigation efforts (and leverage public and private investments);
- Identifying and making use of ways to address climate finance experts and institutions and the transport community and disseminating the outputs of a) and b).
Learn more about Transport NAMAs through our Transport NAMA Database!